NOTICE OF YOUR FINANCIAL PRIVACY RIGHTS
We, our, and us, when used in this notice, mean Delta County Credit Union.
This is our privacy notice for our members. When we use the words “you” and “your” we mean the following types of members:
- Our consumer members who have a continuing relationship by purchasing or holding financial products or services such as a(n):
- Share account
- Loan account
- Credit card account
- Safe deposit box
We will tell you the sources of the information we collect about you. We will tell you what measures we take to secure that information.
We first define some terms.
Nonpublic personal information means information about you that we collect in connection with providing a financial product or service to you. Nonpublic personal information does not include information that is available from public sources, such as telephone directories or government records. Hereafter, we will use the term “information” to mean nonpublic personal information as defined in this section.
An affiliate is a company we own or control.
A nonaffiliated third party is a person we do not employ or a company that is not an affiliate of ours. This is also known as nonaffiliated third party, or simply, an “other party.”
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you from the following sources:
- Information you give us on applications or other forms
- Information about your transactions with us
- Information about your transactions with our affiliates
- Information about your transactions with other parties
- Information from a consumer reporting agency
THE CONFIDENTIALITY, SECURITY, AND INTEGRITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We restrict access to information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect this information.
YOUR INFORMATION AND OUR AFFILIATES
We may disclose information about you to our affiliates.Here are the kinds of information and the source of that information:
Transaction and experience information from our account records:
- Information about your transactions and experience with us, such as:
- Account balances
- Types of accounts
Federal law allows us to disclose the information listed above with our affiliates.You do not have a right to opt out of the disclosure of this information.
TYPES OF AFFILIATES
We may disclose information pursuant to joint marketing agreements to the following types of businesses:
- Financial service providers, such as:
- Insurance agents
- CUNA Mutual Group
- Securities broker-dealers
YOUR INFORMATION AND OTHER PARTIES
We will not disclose information about you to anyone except as disclosed in this policy or as permitted by law. Examples of this might include disclosures necessary to service your account or prevent unauthorized transactions.
YOUR INFORMATION AND OTHER PARTIES
We do not disclose information about former members, except as permitted by law.
- Each server is behind a Firewall. This UNIX based hardware product blocks critical ports and IP addresses on servers from external attack and access.
- Each server runs proprietary software that constantly monitors the servers for unauthorized use and attempts to “hack” into information. Administrators are contact when forced attacks are committed, and countermeasures can be applied to stop these instances.
- All administrative activity requires user login and authentication. All administrative updates are logged into files that can be reviewed later.
- All servers have mirrored drives and those drive are backed-up daily to protect the integrity of the client’s data.
- We maintain multiple data center locations to allow for rapid disaster recovery incase of a catastrophic event.
- All servers come with a Global Verisign Certificate (RSA) for digitally encrypted communications between the Web server and your member. Information passed in applications cannot be decrypted by third parties attempting to “pick” information being passed across the Internet backbone.
- All servers and networks go through extensive security audits periodically by an outside firm to insure the integrity of our network structure.
- All servers run the latest version of Apache Web Server
If you have additional questions regarding CU Solutions Group, please feel free to contact us at (800) 262-6285.